The Mineta Transportation Institute organizes or participates in several transportation-related events each year. These include national summits, regional forums, industry conferences, or special events and broadcasts. You can find leading transportation experts at all of these events, making them an excellent resource not only for professional and research insights, but also for networking.
July 26, 2016 • San Jose, CA
High-speed rail is scheduled to arrive in Silicon Valley within a decade. What do you and your business need to do to get up to speed? The Mineta Transportation Institute is sponsoring a morning panel discussion with top officials of the California High-Speed Rail Authority, Caltrain, the Valley Transportation Authority and rail infrastructure businesses.
Learn what’s happening when, and how you may be affected. Bring your curiosity, your skepticism, and your questions:
- What’s the master plan? How do high-speed rail, Cal Train, BART, ACE Train, Light Rail overlap, synchronize and work together?
- If not High Speed Rail, what are the options to address our transportation woes?
- How will the creation of this transportation hub affect the local quality of life?
- What economic impact is anticipate and where will is it most likely to occur? Where are the business opportunities?
- How will this be funded? What tax measures need to be approved?
San Jose City National Civic (135 West San Carlos Street San Jose CA, 95113). Tickets are $69 in advance. Register early. This event will sell out!