- What Transportation Security and Emergency Preparedness Leaders Need to Know to Improve Emergency Preparedness
- Low-Stress Bicycling and Network Connectivity
Public Bikesharing in North America: Early Operator and User Understanding
Analyzing the Effects of Transit Network Change on Agency Performance and Riders in a Decentralized, Small-to-Mid-Sized US Metropolitan Area
Explosives and Incendiaries Used in Terrorist Attacks on Public Surface Transportation: A Preliminary Empirical Examination
Shared-Use Bus Priority Lanes on City Streets: Case Studies in Design and Management
Reliability Centered Maintenance: A Case Study of Railway Transit Maintenance to Achieve Optimal Performance
Integration of Bicycling and Walking Facilities into the Infrastructure of Urban Communities
Carnage Interrupted: An Analysis of Fifteen Terrorist Plots Against Public Surface Transportation
Designing and Operating Safe and Secure Transit Systems: Assessing Current Practices in the United States and Abroad
What do Americans Think About Federal Tax Options to Support Public Transit, Highways, and Local Streets and Roads? Results from Year Four of a National Survey
Measuring the Performance of Livability Programs
Formulating a Strategy for Securing High-Speed Rail in the United States
See all publications
What’s New at MTI
Recently released research
June 2014 – For the fifth year in a row, this annual survey shows that a majority of Americans would support higher taxes for transportation—under certain conditions.
June 2014 – The existing research is quite clear that HSR is extremely competitive with other modes.
April 2014 – This study suggest that distance-based vehicle pricing may substantially increase walking, biking and, concurrently, GHG from VMT.
February 2014 – The first practical handbook for creating and implementing a federally mandated Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) specifically for transportation industry professionals.
January 2014 – An assessment of the distances travelled on bicycle by cycle-transit users (CTUs).
October 12-15, 2014 • Houston
October 29-30, 2014 • Charlotte NC
- Obtain a Master of Science degree in Transportation Management
- Download transportation research reports and transcripts
- Find news and opinions about transportation issues
- Learn about research in progress
- Read our latest newsletter online
- Find links to other transportation information resources
- Download the Emergency Preparedness Guide. Or read the complete Continuity of Operations research report .