How to apply for the Master of Science Program
MSTM Application Process
Prospective students for the Master of Science in Transportation Management (MSTM) program must first apply for admission to San Jose State University (SJSU). through CSU Mentor.
To apply for the MSTM program through SJSU:
- Complete the California State University Graduate Online Application. Be sure to choose the correct application for the term you wish to apply for. You will be asked to create a user account.
- Pay the $55 application fee at the same time.
- Request two official transcripts from each educational institution you attended after high school. Transcripts must be submitted in sealed institution envelopes. If the envelope is opened, the transcripts are no longer acceptable. Have the transcripts sent directly to:
The Office of Graduate Admissions and Program Evaluations
ATTN: Undergrad and Graduate Admissions Evaluator
San José State University
One Washington Square
San Jose, California 95192-0025
- If you are applying for the MSTM program, arrange to take the GMAT or the GRE. (Neither exam is required for the certificate programs.) Please note that score reports specific to the MSTM have a new GMAT program code: TGQ-ML-83. More information about the GMAT.
- GMAT exams should be completed with a target score of 500 or above within 30 to 45 days after submitting your application to SJSU.
- The GRE (Graduate Records Examination) may be taken in lieu of the GMAT. Minimum GRE scores of 151 in Verbal Reasoning and 152 in Quantitative Reasoning are required for admission.
- If you need additional information, email or call Education Program Assistant Viviann Ferea at (408) 924-7570.