Research and Consulting Associate Certification
To apply for certification as a Research or Consulting Associate for the Mineta National Transit Research Consortium, please complete the interactive application form. The form must be signed and accompanied by a current curriculum vitae or résumé, along with a sample of published research.
Please submit all materials electronically to Dr. Karen Philbrick, MNTRC Director of Research: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Research Associate (RA) candidates are expected to have:
- Completed a PhD in a field relevant to transportation policy research
- Established a record of publication in the transportation policy field or a field with direct relevance to transportation policy research
- Established a record of publications in peer-reviewed academic journals
Consulting Associate (CA) candidates are expected to have:
- Completed a graduate degree in a field relevant to transportation research
- Established a record of professional publication in then transportation field or a field with direct relevance to transportation research
- The interactive form may be completed, signed and submitted electronically from Adobe Acrobat (full version).
- If Adobe Acrobat is unavailable, Adobe Reader may be used to complete and print the form, then sign, and submit by mail.
- Applicants must include curriculum vitae or résumé and a copy of recent research from a juried or peer-reviewed publication.
- Note: Signatures are required on all applications.
Project Management Forms
Report Requirements and Guidelines
- For any team member preparing content for an MNTRC research report.
- The Authors’ Guide provides details of required elements and treatments, including figures, tables, documentation, and other key topics.
- It includes resources and a checklist to aid in report preparation and submission.
- Check periodically for updates and changes, especially before submitting a report.
- Style Template for Microsoft Word contains preconfigured MTI styles and text samples for frequently used elements, including table of contents, numbered lists, bullet lists, table text and format, table and figure captions, and endnotes.
- MNTRC supports the publication of MNTRC research in refereed journals. To encourage researchers to undertake the additional work required to have an article published, MNTRC provides an incentive award to authors of MNTRC research.
- Must be completed and submitted monthly for consideration of reimbursement requests. These reports ensure that MNTRC-funded projects are progressing as planned.
- Email the completed form to Dr. Karen Philbrick, Director of Research: email@example.com.
- Required for payment or reimbursement of any team member, including principal investigators, project team members, student assistants, and editors who are not being paid through a subcontract.
- It also may be used to document services rendered.
- To expedite processing, complete all sections carefully and submit via email to Karen Philbrick, Director of Research: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that the principal investigator of the project must submit a monthly status report before payments to any team member can be processed.
- Required for reimbursement of travel on behalf of MNTRC projects. All requests are reviewed for accuracy and legitimacy of expenditures.
- Must be accompanied by original, itemized receipts.
- Complete highlighted portions of the form and mail to Karen Philbrick, Director of Research: email@example.com.
- Non-reimbursable expenses include, but are not limited to, alcohol, entertainment, movies, games, newspapers, magazines, travel agent booking fees, taxis if a car has been rented, laundry, or dry cleaning.
- The standard mileage reimbursement rate is 53.5 cents per mile, effective January 1, 2017.
- MTI reimburses only for flights on American carriers and for hotel expenses that do not exceed the per diem rate. Check per diem rates at: http://www.gsa.gov/portal/content/100715