Research & Consulting Associates
Candidates who are interested in conducting MCTM research studies must first undergo an in-depth certification process. Certification usually requires a PhD, but practitioners with an advanced degree and a record of peer-reviewed, published research also may qualify. Certification requires an application, acceptance of the Research Associate By-Laws, a vita, and a copy of published research.
Research and Consulting Associate Certification
To apply for certification as a Research or Consulting Associate for the Mineta Consortium for Transportation Mobility, please complete the interactive application form. The form must be signed and accompanied by a current curriculum vitae or résumé, along with a sample of published research.
Please submit all materials electronically to Dr. Hilary Nixon, MCTM Director of Research: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Research Associate (RA) candidates are expected to have:
- Completed a PhD in a field relevant to transportation policy research
- Established a record of publication in the transportation policy field or a field with direct relevance to transportation policy research
- Established a record of publications in peer-reviewed academic journals
Consulting Associate (CA) candidates are expected to have:
- Completed a graduate degree in a field relevant to transportation research
- Established a record of professional publication in then transportation field or a field with direct relevance to transportation research
- The interactive form may be completed, signed and submitted electronically from Adobe Acrobat (full version).
- If Adobe Acrobat is unavailable, Adobe Reader may be used to complete and print the form, then sign, and submit by mail.
- Applicants must include curriculum vitae or résumé and a copy of recent research from a juried or peer-reviewed publication.
- Note: Signatures are required on all applications.